Bali Solar Shades
Bali Solar Shades are a stylish way to reduce glare and furniture-fading UV rays, while still enjoying your view to the outdoors. Choose them when you’re looking for style, UV protection and limited privacy. They will keep your room cool and comfortable without feeling boxed in.
PLEASE NOTE: Solar Shades do not provide privacy at night. If privacy at night is required, consider the Bali Light Filtering Roller Shade or the Bali Blackout Roller Shade.
Bali Solar Shades are available in varying opacities, which are referenced in percentages to indicate the amount of light allowed through (e.g., a 1% opacity lets in 1% of UV sunlight, while blocking out 99%). They are available in a multitude of rich earth tones and soft neutrals. Although 5% openness is the most popular opacity, some of our most popular patterns have 10% openness (i.e., 90% UV blockage). These shades are made from a polyester/vinyl blend and are the perfect choice due to their functionality, energy efficiency and style.
Install Time: 20 minutes
- A continuous chain loop is helpful for operating wider, heavier shades and offers a tidier appearance than that of dangling cords.
- Bali’s exclusive cordless lift eliminates the hassle of cords and the possibility of cord entanglement, and features a unique dual-speed breaking system and tension control.
- A smart pull system, perfect for hard-to-reach shades, lets you raise or lower your shade with a few simple tugs of a pull cord, which never changes in length.
- AutoView™ Motor Control makes it easy to raise and lower larger or out-of-reach shades. You can conveniently control your window from anywhere at your home.
- If you would like your shade to unroll from the front of the roll, rather than from the back, specify a reverse roll.
- Solar shades help reduce glare, making them well suited for media rooms.
- Solar shades are not well suited for nighttime privacy. A secondary soft treatment, such as a drapery panel or curtain, is necessary if complete privacy is desired.
- Inside-mounted roller shades will have an approximate 1" vertical "light gap" between the fabric edge and the window casing on the cord-loop side, and a 1/2" light gap on the other side. This is because the fabric must be cut narrower than the operating mechanisms at the top. If this is not acceptable, consider choosing an outside-mounted roller shade with at least 2 1/2” of overlap on each side.
Child Safety Information:
This product can be made safer for places where children and pets may be present, with the selection of the Cordless or Motorized upgrade. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible, and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present.